Enrollment for the remainder of the 2016-2017 school year will close on May 19 2017.
Online Enrollment for Preschool, Transitional Kindergarten
and Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year is open.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES, THE ASCEND ACADEMY, ABRAHAM LINCOLN INDEPENDENT STUDY OR RARE EARTH HIGH SCHOOL PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT THIS FORM. CONTACT SPECIAL EDUCATION/ THE ASCEND ACADEMY AT (661) 256-5060 OR ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION AT (661) 256-5090.
Information Needed to Complete Online Enrollment
To register a new student (a student who has never attended a school in the Southern Kern Unified District) you will need the information listed below. It is recommended that you have this information available before starting the online registration. However, you may begin the registration process, save what you have entered, and return to your file at a later time to complete the online registration.
Preschool - Born Before 09/01/2012
- A valid address within the boundaries of the Southern Kern Unified School District or have a current Interdistrict transfer on file with the district office.
- General information about your student.
- Name, address and district of previous school (if applicable).
- Parent/Guardian’s home/work phone and address.
- Name and phone number of emergency contacts.
- Immunization information.
- Local physician name and phone number
- If the student was not born in the USA: Date student entered USA; Date first enrolled in any USA school; date first enrolled in any California school.
- To enroll in 16-17 school year for the following grades your student must be born before these dates.
Transitional Kindergarten - Born Between 09/02/2011- 12/02/2011
Kindergarten – Born Before 09/02/2011
If your student is born after these dates they may be eligible for the 17-18 school year if they were born before the following dates.
Preschool - Born Before 09/01/2013
Transitional Kindergarten - Born Between 09/02/2012- 12/02/2012
Kindergarten – Born Before 09/02/2012
Registration for the 2017-2018 school year for these grades opens on April 1st 2017.
To Register a New Student
Click the "Register a new student" button below. If you started a registration earlier and need to finish, click the "Login" button and enter your email address and password to access your pending registration.
- Complete the Internet Registration documents online.
- Print the registration documents.
- Call the Educational Services office to set up an appointment to bring your child, the complete printed registration documents, and your proof of current residency, proof of age, current immunization record and any additional required documentation.
To complete an enrollment please contact
(661) 256-5000 Ext 1150.
Enrollments accepted from 8:30am- 3:00pm.
Enrollments completed by appointment only