Southern Kern Unified School District
Board of Trustees
President: Robert VinceletteElected 11/2020Present Term Expires 12/2024
Vice President: Sunni HepburnElected 11/2022Present Term Expires: 12/2026
The Board shall work with the Superintendent to fulfill its major responsibilities, which include:
- Setting the direction for the district through a process that involves the community, parents/guardians, students, and staff and is focused on student learning and achievement.
- Establishing an effective and efficient organizational structure for the district.
- Providing support to the Superintendent and staff as they carry out the Board's direction.
- Ensuring accountability to the public for the performance of the district's schools.
- Providing community leadership and advocacy on behalf of students, the district's educational program, and public education in order to build support within the local community and at the state and national levels.
As written in the Policies of the Board 9000 Series