The SKUSD Board of Trustees
2018 Board of Trustees
Board President, Yolanda SanchezElected 11/2016Present Term Expires 12/2020
Clerk of the Board, Mario Gutierrez
First Elected 12/12/2001
Present Term Expires 12/2018
Board Member, Sandy KirkFirst Elected 11/2010Present Term Expires 12/2018
Board Vice President, VACANTElected 11/2016Present Term Expires 12/2020
Board Member, David GreggProvisional Appointment 6/20/18Present Term Expires 11/2018
The Board shall work with the Superintendent to fulfill its major responsibilities, which include:
- Setting the direction for the district through a process that involves the community, parents/guardians, students, and staff and is focused on student learning and achievement.
- Establishing an effective and efficient organizational structure for the district.
- Providing support to the Superintendent and staff as they carry out the Board's direction.
- Ensuring accountability to the public for the performance of the district's schools.
- Providing community leadership and advocacy on behalf of students, the district's educational program, and public education in order to build support within the local community and at the state and national levels.
As written in the Policies of the Board 9000 Series