Online Enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year is OPEN!
Students born before these dates may be eligible to start the 20/21 school year:
- Transitional Kindergarten- Must turn 5 between September 2nd - December 2nd
- Kindergarten- Must turn 5 on or before September 1st
FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION, CONTACT THE SPECIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT AT 661-256-5060.
IF YOUR STUDENT IS UNDER OR PENDING EXPULSION PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT THIS FORM. CONTACT 661-256-5000 EXT. 1150
Information Needed to Complete Online Enrollment
- Valid address within the boundaries of Southern Kern Unified School District or Inter-district transfer if you reside in an outside district.
- Parent email address
- Parent/Guardian home/work phone and address
- Name, address and district of previous school (if applicable)
- Name and phone number of emergency contacts
- Immunization Information
- Physician’s name and phone number
After you finish and submit your online application, call the Enrollment Service Office at 661-256-5000 EX 1150 to set up an appointment. Enrollment hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-3pm (closed for lunch 12pm-1pm)
Due to COVID 19 we ask only one parent/guardian come to enroll at your appointment time and that you WEAR A MASK.
The following documents must be presented at your appointment:
- Birth Certificate OR Passport OR Baptismal Certificate OR Affidavit proving age of child OR Court Order OR Health Office/Vital Statistics record of Birth Certificate date.
- Immunization Records (Students MUST have 4 year old shots)
- TWO different utility bills OR Escrow Papers if it closed within the last 30 days
- Physical (REQUIRED for enrolling in Kindergarten or 1st grade)
- Oral Assesment (REQUIRED for enrolling in TK/Kindergarten or 1st year of entry)
- Withdrawal grades (6th grade and above)
- Transcripts (9th grade and above)
- Official documents of guardianship/Foster Care
- Tuberculosis Assessment filled out by Physician (REQUIRED for enrolling in TK/K or 1st year of entry from another country)
We do not request any documents from other schools until enrollment is complete!
TO BEGIN THE ONLINE APPLICATION